Question: What’s involved in setting up an employment screening account with HRemp?
An account can be set up very quickly and easily. Our team is here to work with you every step of the way.
- First, we set up a time to discuss your needs, answer any questions you have, and figure out a cost-effective pricing plan for your business.
- Second, we send you our Member Agreement, Employer Certification and Pricing PDF.
- Lastly, we set you up with a dedicated account executive and assist you with employment screening needs and provide you with sample compliance and release forms (we do not provide legal advice). We will provide all of the training needed by you and your staff in order to use HRemploymentScreening.com.
Question: Do you include any hidden fees such as setup or monthly fees when I use your service?
We do NOT have any hidden fees. All charges are per product or service.
Question: What are your hours of operation?
Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. Please see our Contact HRemp page for more information including company email addresses and phone numbers. You can send us an email with all of your employment screening questions or give us a call toll-free.
Question: Do I need the applicant or employees permission to order an employment background check?
As an employer, you are required to obtain a signed release from the employee or applicant who will be the subject of the background check. You also need to provide the FCRA Summary of Rights. Please visit our FCRA and FACT Act Compliance and Consumer Information webpage for more information.
Question: How long does it take to complete a background check?
A typical pre-employment screening background check will take under three business days to complete. The state and national criminal database searches as well as most driving records are returned instantly when no reports are found.
- County Criminal Reports are complete in 1-3 business days.
- SSN Address History Traces are returned instantly.
- The State or National Criminal Database Searches are instant.
- Most Driving Records are instant.
- The Education, Reference, Professional License, and Employment Verifications are completed in 1-3 business days.
Question: How much does a background check cost?
The cost of background checks vary depending on the number of services included in the background check report. Most of our clients combine several services, such as the National Criminal Database Search with an SSN Address History Trace, County Criminal Reports based on the address history, and an Education Verification and a prior Employment Verification. By combining several services into a single package, we can offer a better price. We also offer volume discount pricing. Please contact a sales representative for more information or any other employment screening questions you have.
Question: What if someone has changed their name or got married and changed their last name?
You can add maiden or alias/AKA names to your order. If an additional name is disclosed during the background check process (i.e. ordering the SSN Address History Trace) then you may want to ask the employee or applicant about it first, then place an order with additional name.
Question: Why should I order a county criminal report search if a national criminal database search is available?
We recommend County Criminal Report Searches because they are the most accurate and complete form of criminal report search we offer. In most cases a court researcher will check the most up-to-date court records at the Superior Court level. The National and Statewide Criminal Searches are databases searches and are incomplete and do not include all records from all states. They can be useful in casting a broad net and if a county is found, then a county criminal report search can be performed to investigate further.
Question: Are arrest records included in a criminal report?
If the arrest resulted in a conviction, then it is included as part of the court record.
If you have any other employment screening questions, please send us an email with your question or give us a call. Visit our contact page for details.